SynergEyes™ Hybrid Contact Lens
Our doctors at Harvard Square Eye Care ofer In Stock contacts in Cambridge and are experts in fitting new and advanced hybrid lenses by SynergEyes™. These specialty contact lens are the next generation of contact lenses and can change the quality of vision of many patients.
Ask About Our Next Day Hybrid Contact Lenses In-Stock
The Hybrid contact lenses we offer are the most technologically advanced and up to date contacts available. With a large selection of the best name brand contacts in-stock, you can have same day, or next day exam service and delivery on new contacts we have in store by next day in most cases.
Next Day Delivery Policy on Hybrid Contacts In Stock
We can have most In Stock Hybrid contact lens orders in Store the next business day if ordered by 3:00 PM or we can deliver them to you at no charge for most orders. Please ask for details.
What are Hybrid Contact Lenses?
Hybrid contact lenses combines a gas permeable (RGP or “hard lens”) center with a soft skirt (like most standard soft contact lenses) to provide you with the clear, crisp vision of a hard contact lens and the comfort and ease of a soft lens. The silicon hydrogel material of the soft skirt provides a high oxygen transmission for excellent corneal health and comfort. The new custom contact lens is designed to allow for continuous flow of tears underneath the lens; thus, allowing for all-day comfort.
SynergEyes™ is currently the only manufacturer for this new and unique product. As a result, any eye care professionals must complete a detailed training program in order to fit and prescribe any SynergEyes brand lenses. Our doctors are trained to diagnose and assist patients with any contact lens fitting issues that might arise.
Many patients come in to our offices with an array of vision problems that previously could have been obstacles for contact lens fittings. Issues such as high prescriptions, astigmatism, multi-focal prescriptions, keratoconus, and irregular cornea have always presented a certain struggle to correct with regular prescription glasses and with soft contact lenses. Often, even with corrected vision, we often feel as if our vision “should be better,” and often with a custom hybrid contact lens, it can.
What are the benefits of a Hybrid Contact Lens?
1. Stable vision throughout the day: If you’ve ever felt like your eyes get “tired” after a long day at work or after using the computer? Do you often feel as if your contact lenses tend to come in and out of focus periodically? If so you’re not alone. SynergEyes™ hybrid lenses are customized to your eyes to help you see your absolute best, all day long.
2. Clearer vision at night: A common complaint we hear from patients is difficulty with seeing at night. Visual sensations such as glare, haloing and light sensitivity can quickly become dangerous symptoms, especially when driving at night. SynergEyes™ technology helps to eliminate these sensations, giving you exceptional vision during the day and night.
3. Sun Protection: All SynergEyes™ contact lenses offer UVA and UVB protection keeping your eyes safe from the sun’s harmful rays.
4. Breathable: The soft silicon hydrogel skirt and hard rigid center of SynergEyes™ hybrid lenses are made of highly breathable materials keeping your eyes healthy and bright.
5. Superior Comfort: SynergEyes™ brand lenses have a soft silicon hydrogel skirt to provide patients with continuous comfort throughout the day similar to a standard soft contact lens and proving to be more comfortable than standard rigid gas permeable contacts.
These benefits are standard across all SynergEyes™ brand contact lenses. Additionally, SynergEyes™ hybrid lenses made specifically for multifocal prescriptions, high astigmatism prescriptions, irregular cornea, and keratoconus are available and offer many additional benefits.
Which Hybrid Contact Lenses right for me?
SynergEyes™ hybrid contact lenses can significantly improve vision for many patients and offer specific contact lens brands for patients with multifocal prescriptions, high astigmatism, irregular corneas, kerataconus, and for post-lasik patients.
Currently SynergEyes™ offer the following hybrid contact lens brands:
Duette® HD, Duette® Progressives / Multifocal, UltraHealth®, SynergEyes® A and SynergEyes® Multifocal (Duette® brand predecessors),
SynergEyes® KC (UltraHealth® brand predecessor), SynergEyes® PS, and ClearKone©
Our doctors at Harvard Square Eye Care are here to help you sort through these contact lens options to chose to the best contact lenses to optimize your vision and your eye health. For more information about what type of hybrid contact lens may be correct for you, feel free to take this quiz:
1. Please Describe your current prescription
A. Near Sighted (Myopia – difficulty seeing things at a distance)
B. Far Sighted (Hypermyopia – difficulty seeing things up close)
C. Multifocal or Progressive (separate prescriptions for distance and near vision. (Most often corrected by progressive or bifocal lenses, separate reading or distance glasses, or by monovision contact lenses.)
D. Astigmatism (Myopic or Hypermyopic prescription that is corrected for astigmatism through glasses or contact lenses.)
E. High Astigmatism, Keratoconus, or Irregular Cornea (use this option if you have been diagnosed with any corneal conditions or suffer from a high astigmatism that is not easily or fully corrected by glasses alone. High astigmatic contact lenses are often indicated after the brand name with the letters “XR” (extended range.)
F. I’m not sure.
(Key: A, B, D, E: Duette HD, C: Duette Progressives/Multifocal, D, E: Duette HD, UltraHealth, ClearKone F: Any, refine by question 2)
2. Please describe the type of contact lenses you are currently wearing:
A. Standard spherical only soft contact lenses (dailies, bi-weekly, or daily contact lenses)
B. Standard soft contact lenses for Astigmatism
C. Standard soft contact lenses for multifocal or progressive OR standard soft contact lenses for Monovision.
D. Any rigid gas permeable (hard contact or RGP) or custom contact lens type
E. I don’t currently wear contact lenses but I’d like to try!
(Key: A: Duette HD, B Duette HD, UltraHealth, Clearkone, C. Duette Progressives/MF, D: Any, refine by question 1, E: Any, refine by question 1.)
3. What types of obstacles do you face with your current glasses and/or contact lenses?
A. I feel like my vision is not as crisp as I’d like it to be.
B. I feel like my vision is ‘slipping’ throughout the day, sometimes my vision feels better than other times.
C. I have trouble adapting between reading up close and seeing far away.
D. I have trouble seeing at night, especially with driving.
E. My contact lenses are uncomfortable.
F. I have trouble with my vision when using the computer.
G. I have a high prescription and I often feel like my vision could be improved and/or I have been told in the past that my glasses or contact lenses cannot fully correct my vision.
H. I have a high astigmatism and I often feel like my vision could be improved and/or I have been told in the past that my glasses or contact lenses cannot fully correct my vision.
I. I have been diagnosed with a corneal condition such as keratoconus or irregular cornea or have had Intacs, corneal crosslinking, PK/RK or lasik surgery.
(Key: A, B, D, E,: Duette, UltraHealth C, F: Duette Progressive/Multifocal, G: Duette HD, H: Duette, Ultrahealth, Clearkone, I: UltraHealth, ClearKone)
Duette© HD and Duette© Progressive and Multifocal Lenses:
Duette© HD lenses are ideal for any patients with high prescriptions, astigmatism, compromised vision in soft contact lenses, and for any one who would benefit from sharper and crisper vision.
Duette© HD Benefits:
1. Stable vision throughout the day: If you’ve ever felt like your eyes get “tired” after a long day at work or after using the computer or if you often feel as if your contact lenses tend to come in and out of focus periodically, you’re not alone. Duette© HD hybrid lenses are customized to your eyes to help you see your absolute best, all day long. Unlike soft contact lenses that correct for astigmatism, Duette© HD lenses are not weighted and will not move or rotate during the day which eliminates that feeling that your vision is ‘slipping.’
2. Clearer vision at night: A common complaint we hear from patients is difficulty with seeing at night. Visual sensations such as glare, haloing and light sensitivity can quickly become dangerous symptoms, especially when driving at night. Duette© lenses help to alleviate these sensations, giving you exceptional vision during the day and night.
3. Sun Protection: All Duette© contact lenses offer UVA and UVB protection keeping your eyes safe from the sun’s harmful rays.
4. Breathable: The soft silicon hydrogel skirt and hard rigid center of Duette© lenses are made of highly breathable materials keeping your eyes healthy and bright.
5. Superior Comfort: Duette© brand lenses have a soft silicon hydrogel skirt to provide patients with continuous comfort throughout the day similar to a standard soft contact lens and improving comfort than standard rigid gas permeable contacts.
Additional Benefits with Duette© Progressive/Multifocal:
6. Clearer Vision for Distance and Near: Duette© Progressive contact lenses provide clearer vision than normal soft multifocal contacts and monovision lenses for far and near distances. Because Duette© lenses are curstomized to your eyes, they allow for greater ‘fine tuning’ to assist you in achieving exceptional vision at any distance.
7. Better Depth Perception: Duette© Progressive contacts eliminate the trouble with depth perception often faced by patients wearing monovision contacts.
8. Improved Vision for Computer and Intermediate distances: Duette© Progressive lenses are ideal for patients who struggle with finding a balance in their current prescriptions for ‘in-between’ distances because they are customized to your vision.
9. Great Alternative to Progressive Lenses and Reading Glasses: Tired of switching glasses? Duette© Progressive lenses eliminates the need for separate glasses for your distance, reading, and computer vision, all while keeping your eyes healthy and safe.
UltraHealth© brand contact lenses are ideal for patients who have been diagnosed with emerging or advanced Keratoconus, irregular corneas, etatic corneas, or have had Intacs, Corneal Crosslinking, PK, RK, or Lasik surgery.
1. Healthy and Refreshing: UltraHealth© brand lenses combine new technology with new lens materials and an advanced design that allows for a healthy flow of tears and increased oxygen to the eye even when wearing contacts.
2. Crisp Vision: UltraHealth© brand lenses offer unparalleled vision and comfort to patients suffering from keratoconus and other disorders of the cornea.
3. Sun Protection: All UltraHealth© brand lenses offer UVA and UVB protection keeping your eyes safe from the sun’s harmful rays
4. Long Term Corneal Health: UltraHealth© brand lenses are made of breathable materials that allow high oxygen transmission. This allows for comfortable wear throughout the day and promotes healthy tearing for decreased dryness.
5. Superior Comfort: UltraHealth© brand lenses have a soft silicon hydrogel skirt similar to a soft contact lens to provide patients with continuous comfort through out the day.
Here are some patient comments:
“WOW!! For the first time in years I can see!! It’s like the world is in 3D”
“You have to try them. You won’t believe the difference.”
“I love these lenses; they have opened a new world of seeing”
At your next visit inquire with our Doctors to see if this lens is right for you.
Contact us by phone or email… or visit our office today!
In Stock contacts available same day or next Day in Cambridge, MA.